Permit To Work
A permit to work system is a formal safety control system designed to prevent accidents including injury to employees, contractors and third parties as well as to property. The permit sets out the work to be done and the precautions to be taken.
- The permit must be completed by the designated safety officer, following discussion and liaison with the person or contractor responsible for the task.
- Where a specific permit is issued it is still necessary to issue a general permit to work.
- Only persons competent to carry out work should be issued with a permit.
- 4. All persons affected either directly or indirectly by the permit must be advised in advance of the works commencing.
- 5. A permit is issued for a designated person only and cannot be passed from one person to another.
- Where two permits are issued the parties responsible must liaise with one another.
- This Corporation managers and staff must not permit any contractor to undertake work without evidence of the specific permit to work. If in doubt contact the security officer.
From Only US $179